Name:
Location: alberton, mt., United States

I am a retired steamfitter and vocational instructor, Current member, alberton town council, having served two terms previously, several years ago. Resident of alberton almost 28 years. I am fiscally conservative and socially progressive, a free thinker and an advocate of good, responsive, honest government.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

alberton papers #1 & #2

Alberton papers #1 by Dick Darne 2-21-06 As your newly elected council member, I would like to thank all my supporters and invite ALL citizens to participate in making government work, right here at absolute grass roots level. An informed citizenry is every bit as important as your elected officials. My oath was to protect and defend the U.S. and Montana constitutions and laws, obey the laws and faithfully execute my duties. I take an oath very seriously. I also take this to mean that on behalf of my fellow citizens, I must ask questions about any actions taken by our town officials and employees, especially the expenditure of our tax dollars. Hopefully we can be better informed before the monthly meetings. I have an E-mail address:aldermandarne@hotmail.com . Phone: 722-4575. Mail = box 246 st. = 311 parkway. More in next paper. Lets communicate, your councilman, Dick Alberton papers # 2 by Dick Darne 2-22-06 There appear to be several areas of concern. In this paper I will list a few for thought and report on them one at a time in the succeeding papers. I will update as information becomes available 1) Possible W/S rate increases. 2) Bobcat purchase with some attachments of dubious value. 3)The gazebo problem and how to salvage it. 4) The town maintenance position that I have not seen any evidence to support. There is more, I am awaiting more information, and comments. Dick aldermandarne@hotmail.com 722-4575