Name:
Location: alberton, mt., United States

I am a retired steamfitter and vocational instructor, Current member, alberton town council, having served two terms previously, several years ago. Resident of alberton almost 28 years. I am fiscally conservative and socially progressive, a free thinker and an advocate of good, responsive, honest government.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

padre

The Alberton Papers, Vol III, #XIV
By Dick Darne 1-20-07
Padre
When I arrived at the Think Tank the next morning, the fire was going, the coffee on and everyone from yesterday was already settled in. In addition, there was one new face, it seemed familiar but I couldn’t quite place it. A handsome face with chiseled features, but his arms were really impressive. Heckova set of pipes.
"Where do I know you from, the gym?" I queried.
In a booming voice he replied: "You saw me many times when you were a young fellow, on some of your high adventure excursions, sitting in front of the Supreme Court building."
That was true. As a lad, living in Virginia, just across the river from our Nation’s Capitol, we would hitchhike into DC and marvel at all the free things to see. He was one of them. I searched my memory archives. He was called: Guardian or Authority of Law.
"That’s one of the names they gave me" he said, as if he could read my mind. "I prefer ‘Father Justice’ or better yet, just call me ‘Padre.’ "
"Why are you here, we haven’t got that far yet?" asked Bill, cradling his coffee cup as only a working man can do.
"You will soon enough, I’m just here for a little observation, maybe a tip or too. Word’s out in my circles, maybe some decent thinking going down. Good thinking has never been neat and orderly. There’s a fine line between order and a framed debate. One of the warning signs is ‘group-think’. Lots of mischief over the ages caused by group-think Also don’t forget the difference between Justice and Law. Or the difference between good law and bad law. Bad law is purposely disguised as civil society, which guarantees the rich their plunder."
"Most of what I thought was thinking occurred in the bars after work." Bill said. "After listening to Rush for a couple hours on the way home, your mind would be conditioned to ‘group-think’ and once in the bar, no one would say anything that wouldn’t be expected to play well in the bar."
"I’ve noticed the same thing," replied Todd. "And then everyone would go home and watch Fox news, and pat themselves on the back for being well informed"
"And that’s the way the ruling elite prefer it." Padre added. "Group think is easily manipulated. Ignorance begets more ignorance and while a frontal assault on ignorance is bound to fail, it can be manipulated also. History is full of examples, but real history is not taught. It is out there but one must search it out. Do you remember your high school history teacher, Dick? She told you that if you didn’t learn anything else, there was always more than one side to any story."
It seemed as if Padre could read memories. He left us with a parting thought:
"The best remedy for injustice is a long memory"
Keep thinking and stay tuned. dd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home