Name:
Location: alberton, mt., United States

I am a retired steamfitter and vocational instructor, Current member, alberton town council, having served two terms previously, several years ago. Resident of alberton almost 28 years. I am fiscally conservative and socially progressive, a free thinker and an advocate of good, responsive, honest government.

Monday, March 05, 2007

beer, bait & ammo

The Alberton Papers, Vol III, # XIX
By Dick Darne 3-5-07
"Say, where’s old Dick these days, I haven’t seen him much since he got back?" asked Bill Woods.
"He’s in training now. Going on a 325 mile bicycle trip in June. Trying to relive his youth, or something like that." replied Todd.
"I heard he’s got a new trainer now, Tom Wheeler’s dragging him up the mountain each morning, then he rides his bike 15 to 20 miles every day" added Johnny. " He’ll be out of our hair for a while."
"Especially when he takes off for D.C. in his ‘hippie-mobile" said Gno. "I hope he doesn’t paint flowers all over it before he leaves and have some whacko mistake him for an old hippie. Camo would be better."
That’s when I walked in. I had to tell them about the time I was driving along in my Volvo, with one arm around my old dog, when a pickup truck with wheels way too big to ever be any good for anything practical, and driven by some guy with a really big hat (all hat-nocattle) in a big hurry passed me while giving me the universal one finger salute. Since I had one arm around the dog and the other busy driving, I could only smile at him as he barreled by me, consumed by his rage. I’ll forgive him, it was an obvious case of mistaken identity .
"Yeah, better lay off the lattes, Dick, we can probably fix you up with a camo hat or something. Maybe even paint the Volvo camo. Remember, you’re heading for ‘beer, bait & ammo’ country." chuckled Bill.
"I’ll probably get along just fine. The other members of The Gravely Mountain Boys are going too, we’ll be picking and a grinning along the trail" I told them. "Music does indeed soothe the savage beast, and have you ever noticed that almost never is a music lover mean."
"I have noticed" said Johnny. "Sounds like we should encourage music and the other arts. Maybe we’d have less mean people in this world."
"It probably would help if there were better fare on TV’s vast waste land. Less blood, guts, murder, mayhem, profanity and saving the world via torture each week."added Gno.
I know the tank will be in good hands. Stay tuned. dd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home