Name:
Location: alberton, mt., United States

I am a retired steamfitter and vocational instructor, Current member, alberton town council, having served two terms previously, several years ago. Resident of alberton almost 28 years. I am fiscally conservative and socially progressive, a free thinker and an advocate of good, responsive, honest government.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Alberton Papers #11
By Dick Darne 4-3-06
"I will publish no puff piece before it’s time." Editor, Alberton Papers
I would like to clarify my statements in #9 about the "doggie park for tourists". Quoting from the minutes of the march 8, 2004 meeting of the Alberton Planning Commission; "Create a dog park for interstate travelers with pets. Provide open space, water, and advertising for local purchases of pet feed, etc." The diatribe that followed was my own imagination and there was absolutely no offense intended to any store, real, or imagined. I also apologize for any ridicule of ideas in general. Sometimes a brainstorm of ideas is just what is needed. In the hierarchy of discussion topics, ideas rank at the top, way above things, of course people as a topic ranks at the bottom. No matter how noble the intention, however, some ideas are just plain absurd and those I may ridicule in my self assumed role as "the rapier tongued evaluator."
Now for some Alberton news reporting. I have tried the dog food from the feed store and my dog loves it. I looked around the store and found lots of handy hardware items that might save a trip to the big city. I didn’t get there before they sold the last rake, but I shouldn’t have "dilly-dallied."
There’s more rakes coming. Stop in, you’ll be glad ya did.
Three local women return from "shop till you drop" mission in New Zealand.
They returned with lots of new zeal and energy. They followed the directions in the book "New Zealand on $2.00 a day" (I hope). Thanks, Dick D.
Check http://albpap.blogspot.com/ for on-line publication. Call 722-4575 for complete reprints. Don’t forget they make a nice gift.