Name:
Location: alberton, mt., United States

I am a retired steamfitter and vocational instructor, Current member, alberton town council, having served two terms previously, several years ago. Resident of alberton almost 28 years. I am fiscally conservative and socially progressive, a free thinker and an advocate of good, responsive, honest government.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Alberton Papers, Vol II, # 9
By Dick Darne 8-1-06
The manly art of haircuts.
My thoughts on haircuts. Hair and whiskers won’t make you stronger, but they have wind resistance and they are hot. To prepare for the next bike ride, I went for the clean-shaven-burr-head style, which not any old barber can do. Which brings us to the obligatory trip down memory lane. Harken back to our earliest trip to the barber shop, where if your mother took you, the barber was given specific directions on how to give a "dorky" haircut. If the trip was with the old man, then you had begun your rites of manhood, and received the clippers, scissors, and the straight razor. I still remember the "wookity-wookity" sound of the razor stroking on the strop, the hot lather, the hot steamy towel, the slathering of witch- hazel, and best of all, the last clipping of any stragglers with the apron loosened, which guaranteed hair down the inside of your shirt. All to the discussion of politics, fishing, baseball or local gossip. These barber shops are mostly gone now, replaced by "stylists". Well, back to reality, you can come close right here in beautiful downtown alberton. Cuts on Parkway gave me an expertly done "burr- head", quickly and efficiently, however hair down the inside of your shirt must be an option, as I didn’t itch my way out the door. I received lots of compliments from the citizenry, but that could be because of how bad I looked before. No witch-hazel, but I was cautioned by the barber about sunburning my noggin. try this local business, you’ll be glad ya did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home