Name:
Location: alberton, mt., United States

I am a retired steamfitter and vocational instructor, Current member, alberton town council, having served two terms previously, several years ago. Resident of alberton almost 28 years. I am fiscally conservative and socially progressive, a free thinker and an advocate of good, responsive, honest government.

Monday, March 26, 2007

nemi

The Alberton Papers, Vol IV, #I
By Dick Darne 3-20-07
I’m not sure what went on while I was over in Portland, but the think tank was fully occupied the morning after I got back. Padre was there and he had his friend Nemi with him. She was a beautiful but rather hard looking woman.
"I am Nemi, short for Nemesis. Maybe you have heard of me?" she said before Padre could begin to introduce her.
"Aren’t you the spirit of retribution or something like that, maybe daughter of Zeus?" I asked. "Why are you here, in this little town?"
" I just stopped to check out the think tank, you guys are OK so far. I may have a little business not too far away from here, and maybe a lot of business in D.C. But first, let’s clear up a couple of things. I am not Zeus’ daughter. I go back farther than that. I am many things, I am sometimes known as Karma. My function in the grand scheme is to punish things like hubris and vainglory. Sometimes I can just sit back and watch and maybe just nudge a little. You know, "what goes around, comes around." Just think about that and it is easier to be patient.
"Who have you actually had to punish?", someone asked.
"Some of the biggies self destructed, like Hitler and Mussolini, and a few other tinhorns. Last time I actually stepped in, was a short time ago, right here in Montana. Kinda caused an OD on vainglory, on the Little Big Horn. I won’t mention his name, but his initials are G A C. I’d rather handle things as Karma when I can."
"It’s not too hard to figure out what the business is in D.C." said Bill Woods, "but who’s in trouble around here?"
"A little twerp who sold out his brothers and class, thinks he’s a big shot leader, but he’s being used by the three piece suits. When they are done, they’ll throw him off the bus. I may not have to do anything, Karma will take care of it. I won’t say his name, but he is the speaker of the house and big-shot wannabe"
"Hey Dick, how did the trip to Portland go, didn’t your daughter produce a documentary about homeless kids?" asked Johnny.
"I’ll tell you all about it in the next rip-roaring installment, but in the meantime, keep- a- pondering. I’ll see you all in the morning." I said as I went in for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home