Name:
Location: alberton, mt., United States

I am a retired steamfitter and vocational instructor, Current member, alberton town council, having served two terms previously, several years ago. Resident of alberton almost 28 years. I am fiscally conservative and socially progressive, a free thinker and an advocate of good, responsive, honest government.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Alberton Papers Vol II, #10
By Dick Darne 8-2-06
Physical fitness
Remember the old saying: " you never miss the water ‘till the well runs dry" ? That holds true for health and fitness. Even working hard at physical labor can give you the wrong kind of exercise, or worse yet, wear out joints, causing pain and limited movement which leads to muscle weakness which leads to more pain and limited movement, leading to , well, you get the idea. Sometimes it can come on suddenly in the form of an auto-immune disorder, where your body eats its own joints, causing limited motion, weakness, etc. All of the above happened to me last year. I wound up in physical therapy at Frenchtown Physical Therapy where Kate Skinner put me on the road to recovery. I then went to Frenchtown Fitness Center, where I found all the state of the art, smarter than I am machines. I had weighed the thought of purchasing equipment for a home gym but I had noticed how many exercise machines wind up in the dump. If you pay, you are more likely to go regularly to the gym. Also this is a key entry, so you can go at any hour you feel like. I trained for the bike ride in this gym. It took three months but I am now making real progress, feeling better than I did long before I got sick. For all your physical fitness needs, you need only travel to Frenchtown, a suburb of beautiful downtown Alberton. Try them, you’ll like it, and maybe join me on the next bike ride. DD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home