Name:
Location: alberton, mt., United States

I am a retired steamfitter and vocational instructor, Current member, alberton town council, having served two terms previously, several years ago. Resident of alberton almost 28 years. I am fiscally conservative and socially progressive, a free thinker and an advocate of good, responsive, honest government.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

my friend early

The Alberton Papers Vol. VII, #II
By Dick Darne 9-07-08
This week I would like to pay tribute to an old and dear friend, who lived in Alberton for many years. She passed away this week, much too soon. When I first met her close to forty eight years ago, she was Claudianna Rice. The lady had class, although other circumstances seemed to obscure it for many years. Her folks were super people, as I remember, her dad was an Admiral. They were the kind of people who could look you in the eye, ask you how you were doing and genuinely cared what you had to say. My first encounter with Early Wilson’s (the name you would have known her by) talents was her musical abilities. She was my first bass player, and could sing any part like a pro. She also could listen to a song, write down the words and help me arrange it. She also was a pretty good mechanic, she did most of the work installing a boiler in her house and hooked up all the controls with me on the other end of the telephone. She also changed out a rod and piston in her car once. A truly multi-talented lady! The circumstances mentioned previously were very much like a poker hand and once she realized that her hand was not a winner she folded it and got some new cards. In a few years, she finished school, became a Traveling Nurse and moved away from Alberton. She usually made yearly visits to Alberton but not this year. Her new life was a winning hand, alas it didn’t last long enough. Early, I’m glad to have known you and you are already missed. Wish we could have sung one more song together.
One more thing since I have a little space left, Bicycle Bob, of Missoula Free Cycles and I would like to keep old bicycles out of the trash. We are non- profit, provide bikes for those who need them, and recycle the remaining pieces. Bob can take them in Missoula, I can take them in Alberton and pick them up in Superior or Regis if someone would collect them for us. For more info: www.strans.org/home.html or contact me, 722-4575. Thanks folks, dd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home